8 Feb 2013

[Ziwei's cover] I dreamed a dream - Les Misérables

Hey guys!

I'm back with a new cover yo~
I haven't been keeping to one of my 2013 resolutions which is to do 2 covers per month due to time constraint and that I was busy preparing for a competition and an audition.

The good news were that I emerged as one of the top 40 contestants in NTU Impresario Quarter Finals 2013 and I have also successfully auditioned to become an official vocalist under my ex-and-current music school's performing team! :) Even though I wasn't one of the imba top 10 singers to get through to the Semi-finals, I learnt a few interesting feedback and comments from the judges and I had also made a number of new talented friends there! Most of the top 10 semi-finalists were impressive while others were meh~ I was also quite surprised that some of those whom I expected to get through didn't. Well, I'm still a newbie when it comes to competition, but my interest isn't competing with others. I just wanna keep on doing what I love and keeping this passion burning. :) As for the performing team audition, my overall result given by the music director was average, so I'll keep working on techniques! :)


I watched the movie Les Mis and got so inspired to do one of their songs, so here it is! 
Do spare me a 'like' on youtube itself for this cover if you sincerely support what I'm doing. :)
(All you need is just a gmail account to show your support. Every single "like" means a lot to me! :D)
Dislikes without constructive comments don't matter, it's those who care and support that matter. 
Thank you in advance! :)

The arrangement of my rendition is inspired by Glee's version and I really love how well they harmonize for one another. I think harmonizing is a skill that all singers should try to master because it really beautifies the entire song on a different level. If you ask me for tips, I'd say go listen to more songs which already have harmonies in them. When you get more comfortable with harmonies, you'll realise that everytime you head to the KTV, you'll slowly be able to harmonize almost all the songs that were selected, be it English or Chinese ones. It's my first time trying a musical song, so please be lenient. I have been practising the vibratos for the past week and will get better control of this technique in time to come I promise. I'm trying to learn something new in the process of producing new covers. Gotta keeping the passion burning yo! :) 

I'd love to dedicate this song to the love of my life, Leonard Ma who's also the videographer of all my video covers, including this one! Sorry that I haven't gotten the money to invest in the necessary equipment to tire you less, but i will get a job soon! :) 

With this song, I'd also like to remind myself of the promise i made to my family about realising my parents' dreams in time to come. I'm really thankful for everyone of them and will stand together with the family through this difficult stage of adolescence for my baby brother. 

It's quite exciting to think about the collaborations that are pending after Chinese New Year! I love meeting passionate music people and learning new stuff from them. ^^


Keep the passion burning! :)





Post a Comment

© Ziwei.Sandy. Designed by CJS. Powered by Blogger.