2 Aug 2012

[Food review] One of Singapore's best Eggs Benedict

[Food review]

Hey guys!

I was quite glad that I finally finished the Genting blog entries, 
so that i can do shorter and less tedious posts and reviews. Hehe.

So on this wonderful day on the 26th of July, 
the bf brought me out on a super late (say, 3pm) brunch date and told me specially  to dress up for it. 
I knew that he had been contacting Brad, aka, Ladyironchef for a day or 2,
asking him for brunch venue suggestions.
I'd attempted to sneak at their convo content cos of burning curiosity and eagerness,
but was stopped by the dedicated bf many times. 

But, yeap, his 51st monthniversary surprise for me was indeed impressive. <3

Picture taken at Clementi interchange! 
Took 156 from the interchange and can you guess which brunch place we're going to already? ;)

Outfit of the day: Agneselle Flirty Drape Tube Dress in purple
Doesn't show my figure or fats, and super sweet buy from AE. :)
I think old blog shop items were cheaper and more original than the new ones. :/

Ok la, looks better on PL. T.T She's so skinny.

So, the place the awesome bf brought me to was
(Credits to Choupinette fb page)

It's just located beside Coronation Plaza along Bt Timah Road! :)

I was really dazzled by the interior design of Choupinette.
The setup of the place was pastel-lish and floral 
and those are exactly what I'm infatuated with now! :3

Entrance

Cozy little place with wooden furniture and shelves.
Since it's so small, it isn't very advisable to bring your entire OG there for a brunch outing. -.-

Fridge decorated with pink flowers and efflorescent lamp,
displaying cheesecakes, muffins, tarts and macarons.




Alrighty, here's my bombhair date, Leonard!



Definitely, some camwhoring and phototaking before the meal. :p


Their all-day breakfast set meal include a fruit juice, a hot beverage and a main course!
How thoughtful. 
I think such a combo allows for the diner to swap between the different tastes during their meal so that they get a good balance of the sweetness, sourness and saltiness for their entire meal course. :)

Got myself a cranberry juice, which tasted really fresh and has no excessively sweet syrup taste in it
while Leo ordered a pineapple juice, which he claimed was too sour. 

We got to choose from 3 options: Hot chocolate/coffee/tea.
With our sweet tooth, Leo and I got hot choco of course. ;D


It took only about 10-15min for our food to arrive!
I totally couldn't wait to dig into my dish!

Ordered Eggs Royal at $21++. 
It's relatively steep here but given the 2 complementary drinks, 
it's worth it in my opinion!


Leonard ordered Eggs Benedict, the classic New York-originated breakfast. 
Did some research and found the history and some background for this delicacy. ;)

What is Eggs Benedict!
Consists of 2 halves of an English muffin,
topped with ham/bacon, poached eggs and Hollandaise sauce.
Invented in the 1890's at the Waldorf Hotel in New York

The price for Eggs Benny at Choupinette is $20++, slightly cheaper than Eggs Royal.

Eggs Royal is basically almost the same as Eggs Benny 
except that the ham/bacon is replaced by smoked salmon. :)
In fact, Leonard and I exchanged 1 muffin with each other
so that we could have a taste of both dishes.
(We do that very often when we dine out tgt. :p) 

Leonard and my review:
Muffin: The English muffins were toasted to an optimal crispiness, neither was it hard nor soggy. I advise you not to snap photos at them for long as you'd love them better served warm. ;)

Eggs: The poached eggs were cooked to perfection as the egg white was soft and fluffy, no part of the egg white left raw, while the egg yolk was smooth, rich and totally runny! 

Bacon: I love the crispy juicy bacon especially and didn't think it was too salty.

Salmon: Generous serving, big big pieces! ;D The extra 1$ was worth it. 


"It was like the golden sun peeping out from behind the fluffy clouds." 
(Ma, Leonard, 2012)

Our entire sumptuous course!!

I had to take a pic of my last mouthful of the dish. Too good to finish. :/
  
My overall rating for this brunch outlet is a whooping EXCELLENT! 
The service is fast and efficient,
and the staff are very amiable with their ever-ready smiles. :))))))))
I love the soft colour theme of this French cafe, 
which gives a very chillax and comfortable ambience. 

Ok, maybe the view isn't that awesome - a drain. -.-
Would be nice if it's opened along a therapeutic place such as the beach or rooftop garden. ;)

By the way, Brad was the one who suggested this brunch venue, 
do read his review here at:

Alrights! Hope you find this entry interesting and salivating! Hehehe. 
Would be hunting down various brunch places with Leonard or friends every week and 
try to come up with informative reviews efficiently! :D

Poking my face around every part of my blog posts. :p

Hearts,
Ziwei

P/s: DO GIVE ME A LIKE AT THE TOP OF THIS POST IF YOU LIKE IT! <3


Post a Comment

© Ziwei.Sandy. Designed by CJS. Powered by Blogger.