4 Feb 2017

2016 Recollections




Hello blog, seems like every blog post i write will always start with "it's been a long time....". Haha. It's because I've been on the more convenient social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook more often. The last time i blogged was about half a year back. I guess the blogging habits in Singapore have also revolutionized to cater to the laziness of people who prefer sharing at a click of a button. I'm no exception.

I am late but still decided to stick to my usual routine of consolidating my annual happenings in a single blog post to give the previous year a closure. Doing this always helps me be clearer of how to set my new year resolutions. Goal setting is an essential part of my life.

Generally, in 2016,

1. I took up a 1-day keyboard full day course.
2. I got myself licensed for will-writing and general insurance.
3. I learnt to be independent at exercising and did it more consistently.
4. I became more health and diet conscious.
5. I quadrupled my savings.
6. I sold my Beetle and upgraded to a sexy Mercedes SLK 200.
7. I sang covers more often because it is still my passion.
8. I ran a marathon.
9. I made time to spend quality moments with my family every week.
10. I joined an FA for an upgrade to the services I can provide for my clients.
11. I stopped doing roadshow to focus on value-adding my services to my clients.
12. I'm humbled to be the top existing agent of Jianming agency again
13. I ended the year with a Silver award as a full appointment model agent.
14. I lost 4kg and finally figured out the discipline and methods to healthy weight loss.
15. I traveled to Bali, Hong Kong, Bangkok and Korea.
16. I corrected my eyesight.
17. I went for the first cruise in my life.
18. I brought friends into my career and began my mentorship for them.
19. I started the Client Servicing Loyalty Programme.
20. I made a donation to the bursary which helped me when I was a poor student.

Here comes the pictures!

January

I sponsored the family to a trip to Hong Kong. It was the first time my brother took cable car!
Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling

Won company lucky draw and got $3000 Chanel vouchers.
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, indoor

Junrong brought me to a staycation at Oasia Hotel. It was also his first time getting me a luxury item as a birthday present.
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

Jianming ageny had a bonding trip to JB!
Image may contain: 14 people, people smiling

Started #ZwSandyVIPClients and took so many selfies with some clients. :)
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

Looney Tunes Fun Run - It was the first time I joined a run that I had to pay for.
No automatic alt text available.

February

Enjoyable Chinese New Year with my family and Junrong's family.
Image may contain: 1 person

Began running more often. Broke personal record every time i go out for runs. 5.3km, 6km, 7.5km, 10km
No automatic alt text available.

Relex Smile - I finally took the courage to go through a slightly invasive surgery to correct my eyesight. It was one of the best choices i have made in my life. Refer to my post on it.


March

Trip to China with Godmum - Beautiful jiuzhaigou. More photos here.
Image may contain: mountain and outdoor

Awards Night to go on stage to receive my Gold Award in my ex company. More photos here.
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, indoor

SuperStar Gemini Cruise for the first time with JR
Image may contain: 1 person, indoor

April

Jeju and Seoul with JR and Shawn


PTO D&D
No automatic alt text available.

Snoopy run with JR
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

Brother's 17th birthday celebration
Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling

May

Long distance runs - I challenged my body for a breakthrough and my body did break. Haha.

19.7km with Dason for The Straits Time run
No automatic alt text available.

42.195km Sundown Marathon
Image may contain: 1 person, closeup

Mothers' day surprise
Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, indoor

Completed my will writing course
Image may contain: text

June

3d2n birthday celebration for Junrong
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

Fathers' Day celebration - Chin Huat Seafood Dinner + Staycation
Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, food

July

15km Singtel race against cancer (First race for a cause)
Image may contain: 1 person, closeup and outdoor

Boss wedding
Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing and indoor

Bali with Junrong


Jiali's 24th birthday celebration
Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling

Les Miserables musical with god mum
Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, people standing

Bangkok with agency
Image may contain: 19 people, people smiling, people sitting

August

Mum's 52nd birthday celebration
Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people sitting

Kfit - Also attended 2 months of Kfit to try out the workouts.

September

Changed car to SLK200 and had our 3rd year anniversary celebration at W hotel again.
Image may contain: 2 people, night

Mid Autumm Festival at Chinese Garden with the family
Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling

Agency retreat at D'Kranji for goal set.
Image may contain: one or more people, tree, sky and outdoor

Oct

Due to lack of space at home, I moved out to stay again.

Halloween Horror Nights 6 with Jiali and Junrong
Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, people standing, wedding and indoor


November

First buffet treat for my VVIP clients Mr Ang and family
Image may contain: 10 people, people smiling, people sitting


ChooYilin flower jade ring
Image may contain: one or more people, ring and closeup

Swan Lake with Godmum
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, shoes

Learnt to cook myself more often
Image may contain: food

December

Left Fitness First, set up my own home gym
Image may contain: indoor

Tanya Chua concert with friends
Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, indoor

Cycling with family at ECP
Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, bicycle and outdoor

I made my first donation!
No automatic alt text available.

Climbed Bt Timah Hill with Qian
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, outdoor and nature

Father's birthday celebration and staycation at Pasir Ris
Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, people sitting and indoor
Overall, I feel that 2016 had been the happiest and yet the most stressful year of my life so far. My life was balanced with adequate getaways, family time, work, upgrading myself and spending time with true friends. Looking forward to the next post: MY 2017 NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS!

Post a Comment

© Ziwei.Sandy. Designed by CJS. Powered by Blogger.