14 May 2013

[Taiwan sightseeing] Sun Moon Lake 日月潭

Hello hello guys!

Thanks for popping by my blog. LIVE UPDATE FROM TAIWAN WOR! 
Anyway, for those who are following my twitter as well would know that I'm trying my best to finish blogging about taiwan while I'm still in taiwan. Reason being is that I will be super duper bz chionging work when i return back to Singapore. Work-life balance is impossible but i'll try my best to juggle 2 blogs, music school performances and my clients. 


Introducing to you: SUN MOON LAKE 

Bee and I feeling excited as we could see the mountains and clouds so close to where we were located. 


Our whole tour group was led onto a small ferry to explore and tour around Sun Moon Lake. 
LOVE THE SCENERY SO MUCH THAT I CANNOT NOT CAMWHORE. :p


Leo and his mummy :)


Floating paddy field in the middle of Sun Moon Lake. This saves land for the farmers because instead of fretting about not having enough money, they could simply build more rafts to grow their extra crops to harvest and then sell. Not only is it land-efficient, the floating plantations also contribute its beauty to their already picturesque surrounding. :) Right right?

Random deer statue in the middle of Sun Moon Lake. 
Through this trip, I learnt that the deer is the most highly regarded animal of Taiwan due to Taiwanese's ancestral encounter with a mysterious god-like deer while they were hunting. Besides the mythical story, the deer also presents many life-saving medical advantages to the people of Taiwan. 

The 唐僧庙 of Taiwan! 
(Tang seng as in the priest from the story of Journey to the West.)





On the streets along Sun Moon Lake.  

Some fishes caught from the Sun Moon Lake found in the most popular restaurant along the street of Sun Moon Lake and subsequently on our lunch table. hehe. 

Crispy fried shrimps which taste like ikan bilis 

Lingzhi soup. 

Fruit stall opposite our lunch place which allows fruit tasting. 
LOVE THEIR MANGOES AND PINEAPPLES! Super sweet and fresh!!

Colourful bananas!!

灵芝茶叶蛋s (Lingzhi Tea leave eggs) of 2 sizes:
Small ones are chicken eggs, BIG ONES ARE GOOSE EGGS!
Just look at their size difference. omg. 

 

文武庙~  Wen wu temple.



   
The wishing pond. 

My boy preparing to flip his coin into the wishing pond in the rain. <3

景圣楼, Jingsheng hotel - the only building in that area unaffected by the 912 Taiwan earthquake.

After visiting the temple, we took the cablecar in the rain to the Formosan Aboriginal Village 九族文化村.
Super upsetting because we couldn't have a very good view of the lake due to the rain droplets on the cable window. :( 


Watching some local native tribal dances at Formosan Aboriginal Village 九族文化村. 

台湾清境农场 Chingjing farm resort located right on top of a mountain!
I would love to wake up everyday to this kinda mother nature. 
I'm certainly a farm girl at <3. :)
  
Cloudy weather. 

Nobody was garang enough to go for a swim in this cold weather and high altitude. Siao.

We were so shagged on the second day, so can you imagine how overjoyed we were when we entered here! Apologies of the delay in my blog update. Mountain top no wifi. The wifi device was kinda unstable, as much as I would love to update, I couldn't. 

Happy aunty! 

Dinner~ 

My favourite dish of the night! :) 菜包肉!


Ending the blog post with the snacks of the night! HAHA. 



Shit man. Confirm gain weight. Sigh. But ENJOY FIRST LA! 

I'd say the 2nd day was the most boring day thus far! 
Watch out for my next 2 blog posts on a sheep farm, Nanyuan animal farm, bullet train experience, South Leofoo South African safari zoo and the Leofoo resort!!! Check out my facebook and instagram to find out more!!! <3 Stay tuned to my vlog(s) too!!! 


Time to go back to editing photos and slping early!

Love, 

Post a Comment

© Ziwei.Sandy. Designed by CJS. Powered by Blogger.