31 Jan 2013

Birthday 2013 Part 1 - USS

It's a belated post and there're things I'm bz with, but I think this year's birthday is blog-worthy. It's better late than never. :) 

I used to look forward to my birthday every year when I was young because it's one special day of the entire year where you get exclusive (but short-spanned) attention from all your classmates, relatives and family. Apart from me being just a tad more attention-seeking, I think anyone out there would love to be cared for, to be showered attention and love on. Attention aside, we would expect birthday presents and thoughtful surprises when we were young and materialistic. Of course la, who doesn't fancy freebies! The more friends you have, the more freebies you get on your birthday. ^^

But well, I wasn't a top popular kid in school, so, very sadly I don't receive many bday surprises and presents. So, I grew up and learnt how to be satisfied with the blessings from people who bother to wish me well for my day, my career, my life, my looks and my future. Not only that, I also began to not feel so gian about bday presents anymore because I don't seem to lack anything after becoming self-sufficient and more independent. Lol, i'm not exactly self-consoling as I did grow to have a super thoughtful boyfriend and a hell lot of close friends who love me so much and would plan birthday surprises for me, send me long sincere messages, bring me out for yummy treats and buy me presents and shopping vouchers. I REALLY APPRECIATE THESE THOUGHTFUL GESTURES. I LOVE MY FRIENDS AND BF. However, I tend to observe that birthdays are no longer like before, at least not as shallow and forgettable anymore. Right now, I'm in a love-hate relationship with the upcoming birthdays from this year onwards. It's liberating to think that you are finally mature enough to earn a living for yourself and buy whatever you yearn for when your age begins to start with the digit '2' and onwards. With an older age, comes great responsibilities too. Studies are history and you step out into the world notorious for its politics, stress, deadlines, mornings, traffic jams, fatigue and what-not. Yea, birthdays don't sound as innocent and joyous as before anymore. 

Honestly, those words above are my true sentiments on the meaning of birthdays and how it has evolved through the years. But of course, every year I STILL ENJOY MY BIRTHDAYS IMMENSELY LA. :D 
With my optimism and enthusiasm about life, I highly doubt that I'd overly burden myself with the negatives of growing up because I am one who EMBRACE CHALLENGES AND WOULD LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST. ;) Have y'all read enough? Time for pictures? I'd say AYE! ;)

This year, I turned 23. It's the biggest number under the 'Age' section that I've seen on my own application and registration forms, as well as in my resume. O.O Actually, i have to say that Leonard, the bf was very sweet to have planned something very special and different from before. What I was told was that he researched and reserved a table at an exclusive and expensive fine-dining restaurant to give me a treat. To date, I've yet to find out which restaurant it is. BECAUSE I WAS SUCH A LOUSY GF. Instead of feeling all appreciative and fortunate, I made a fuss about the money that wouldn't be justified having spent on a meal. Frankly, I THINK I WAS OUT OF MY MIND. :/ I'm so bloody curious now about where he'd wanted to bring me. D: 

I must be really cray to have requested for a USS roller coaster day as opposed to the atas expensive dinner. I had really intense craving for adrenaline rush during my birthday week and pestered Leonard non-stop to maximize our day by fulfilling the birthday girl's wish. 

End up...

Lunch at Loui's NY Pizza Parlor.

Bee looking really cute and pleasant despite his ah beng hair color. 

Hawaiian pizza cum tiramisu predator ;)


USS is currently Sesame-street-themed. Look at the cute cupcakes! :)
Slightly more pricey than the retail cupcakes cost, but then again it's USS. 


After lunch, Leo and I each carried a bloated tummy and went for the mummy ride, transformer ride, treasure hunter ride and Shrek the 4D movie while waiting for the food to be digested. As lame as ever was the mummy ride which we had taken 573189354 times before, so we posed for the photo snapshot at the drop by kissing. I loved the effect of it actually because as others were shutting their eyes tight or screaming at the top of their lungs, we were posing shamelessly, aloof of the short freefall drop. :p The transformer ride was still breathtaking. ^^ Treasure hunter was lame and we got sprayed at by the donkey's sneezes 4 freaking times at the Shrek movie. -___________- 

What's worth mentioning is this........
MONSTER ROCK LIVE ROCK MUSICAL! :)
Oh gosh! I cannot believe that after heading to USS for (again) 5962878785964 times, I haven't watched this awesome bombz before despite being so curious of what it's showing at the 3 fixed daily timings. O.O
For those who haven't watched, there's live singing done by a hyperactive and talented group of 'monsters' who'd be dancing while showcasing their impressive vocals. I really enjoyed the R&B theme for the musical, as well as the visual effects we were exposed to. The experience was indeed rewarding.

So after the musical, we thought we were ready for the best ride in USS, Battlestar Galatica. There was no queue at all even though the timer at the entrance of the ride shows that we gotta wait up to 5 to 10min. The moment we reached the end of the non-existent queue, we were ushered in to waiting area just before we can board the ride. SUPER FAST I TELL YOU! I managed to open my eyes at both the crazy freefall drop for both the Human and Cylon rides when i didn't dare to prior to that day. Many have been curious which one is the "scarier" ride. In my opinion, both are not, but i'd say Cylon gives me stronger adrenaline rush due to the 3 360 flips. Super awesome! I remember taking it at night during Halloween 2012 and I thought to myself that Singapore should have a theme park that operates till late night! Shiokkkkk x10000 were the 2 instances when the blue carriage enters the cooling mist zones in the dark. You don't expect anything, you don't see anything. Just feel the wind and fly. <3

Yups, so when we THOUGHT that we were ready to challenge in the Galatica, I emerged from the exit feeling nauseous. -________________- max. I blame the hugeass slice of pizza. -.-


We became victims of tourist pricing at USS. Look what I've gotten below.
A $4 bottle of apple juice which hardly quenched our thirst. Still, it was refreshing amidst the crazy sun.
The afternoon weather in Singapore really spares nobody. We perspired so much. :/ 

My thoughtful boyfriend who smuggled churros into our rest point, Starbot cafe located just beside the transformer ride entrance. To my disappointment, the churros was overdone and was too tough to munch on. It's freaking expensive, about $3-4. So much for craving for it the moment I stepped into USS that day. -.-

After a few more rounds of roller coasters, we found ourselves playing "scissors paper stone" on the rides.
Yea, the adrenaline rush dropped exponentially every time we re-board the rides. Finally, we got to the point of wanting to leave the theme park even though we had initially wanted to fully maximize the entrance ticket by staying till it closes. 

Pretending to be tourists just before departure. 


I'll continue blogging about Marine Life Park and SEA Aquarium for my birthday part 2 post! :) 

THANK YOU LEONARD MA. 
I CAN FIND NO BETTER GUY THAN YOU WHO SUITS ME SO PERFECTLY. <3 


Birthdays are overrated. Yet, I can't help but enjoy them. Thankful.

Post a Comment

© Ziwei.Sandy. Designed by CJS. Powered by Blogger.