3 Nov 2012

[Music updates] My Starbucks gig videos

Music updates

I swear this is the first time I've chionged so many songs within a week. 
I must admit that I didn't put in my 100% on the stage and obviously hadn't warmed up.
Neither had I been practising these songs at home due to busy schedule this week. 

Even though I've sang in front of crowds of up to 800 pax, I still get the jitters and tummy butterflies even on the smallest stage, with the smallest audience. I wonder whether pro singers like Miaoru, Stef Sun or Kewei feel as nervous when they have at least a million times more stage experiences than i do. 

Anyway, i gathered that through these 3 consecutive days of gigs and through taking them down on video, I really learn a lot about myself. Singing live and singing in the studio are 2 very different experiences. Obviously, when you sing in a studio, you can edit whichever parts you're dissatisfied with up to a few hundred times if you want. But when you sing live, it's an all-out chance to unleash whatever you've been practising behind the scene. 

So much technique issues to note: Breathing, tempo, emotions, power control, posture, voice placement, memorization of lyrics (especially so for me) and so on... Well, all in all, I'm really glad to have grabbed hold of this chance to give my stage presence and live singing a try. Very valuable experience that can't be fully described with words. Thank you juniors, Cassandra and Jeremy for helping out especially! :)


Tue 30/10/2012 
我怀念的 - by Stefanie Sun
& Jar of hearts -  by Christina Perri
My personal take on this first performance after a long break from the stage: I think I sing more stably when I sit down? Of course, it's at the expense of power. Started off the first day with the most comfortable songs. :) Good choice hor! :p


Wed 31/10/2012
枫 - by Jay Chou, 
When I look at you - by Miley Cyrus, 
猜不透 - by Dingdang
Singing on my feet elevates the voice placement somehow to the head and nose. With less base support, I couldn't hold the notes at the pitch for long. I'm considering going back for music classes, individual classes. (Of course, when i start earning $) Heh. 

Fri 2/11/2012
刺鸟 - by FIR
掉了- by A*Mei
Wow, i love the thumbnail for this video! LOL. Very act. ;p
Back to back powerful songs, which I could hit the notes, albeit unstably. 
Anw, it's the first time I'm singing 掉了live and have always been listening to it on the iTouch. I fell in love with it since I heard Miao sing this song for her competition. (Yes, you've indeed seen Miao's name twice in this entry. 3 times liao. It's cos I super love her voice! Go check out her blog and music at ruthkueomiaoru.com!) 

Do feel free to leave a comment under the Nuffnangx convo function! :)
Have been receiving a lot of messages from my listeners and friends. I'm really grateful to have you guys poking around. Hehe. 

Meanwhile, apologies for my delayed giveaway post. Too damn busy with  my group project already. 
Somemore, I'll be going to Genting again next for a game showdown filming under Reelity.tv and Nuffnang. I've made the choice to give up on being physically present for my 20% presentation and am also gonna skip one soci of sexuality lecture. Thank god for Shuying! <3 Forever helping me chope seat in lecture and letting me freeload off her. 

Another very crucial update about wad's going thru my mind is that I might go for a job interview afterall after graduation. And if I get through, my life is gonna be so goddamn hectic but adventurous. I'm just gonna embrace my future with open arms and maximum positivism! Sunshine everywhere. :) 2012 has been a good year for me. May it spill over to my loved ones and for the rest of my working years. 

Hearts,
ZiweiSandy

 P/s: Giveaway post will be up on Sunday! Stay tuned.

Post a Comment

© Ziwei.Sandy. Designed by CJS. Powered by Blogger.