21 Oct 2012

[Ziwei's new cover] Skyscraper by Demi Lovato

Hey guys.

Long time nvr update on my list of cover collection already!
REALLY REALLY GLAD TO SQUEEZE SOME TIME OUT TO SING! ^.^v


Anyway, this time i've chosen the song
[SKYSCRAPER]
by Demi Lovato.

-Video is embedded below-

I love her original version cos she has brought out the intense emotions of sorrow so perfectly!
Lovato's voice is relatively husky and low-pitched, but her techniques are really remarkable, as I can tell from her use of diaphragm to produce the airy husky voice even at the high pitched parts of the song!
Well, i guess one of my many problems is definitely my lack of rich emotions, which if i could unleash them in my voice and the songs, i'll definitely sound twice/thrice/quadruple better at least.

For my rendition, I've decided on the acoustic version as I kinda want to take it easy on myself. :/
This song is NOT EASY to master. I was struggling while producing this cover even though the acoustic version is supposed to be slightly easier to cover. Another reason for choosing this song is that I want to dedicate it to many people YET AGAIN. Haha.

1. Leonard - 
Bee, thanks for always being the first one to listen to my lousy draft-ones and giving me the layman truthful comments for me to work on my draft 2. I love u for always being so supportive throughout this unprofitable project of mine to you, i.e. sharing on facebook and retweeting my work. Loves! <3

2. Marcus - 
As always, you're the greatest inspiration and motivation I have to continue pursuing this endeavour. Not that I'm a goddamn good singer now, but at least I've made progress and achieve a few past-1000 views on my  youtube channel. >50% of my achievement is thanks to you. :)

3. Jiali aka Jael -
I guess your situation now is very aptly narrated between the lines of the song. I hope that you can become stronger than you can imagine yourself to be just like how the song depicts a woman to become independent again like a skyscraper. We all know some guys out there don't deserve their balls if they can find excuses to hurt someone who love them wholeheartedly. He'll get his retribution.

4. Brad and Melody - 
"Fame is overrated" Brad, you inspired me to continue pursuing my passion and taught me to consciously stop myself from being distracted by other unnecessary but inevitable temptations. Salute at you for your inclining success at your career. Melody is a rare gem; beautiful, sexy, bubbly, independent and passionate. Brad, you've got great taste. Mel, i love how we can clique instantly. HAHA! ;) Regards for your r/s to soar higher than the skyscraper! x

5. Jiajun -
Do you guys know I have a little Sec 1 bro who has recently been following my footsteps? Super cute didi has his own youtube channel spammed with his covers on Taylor Swift songs. Studies first still, but I'm so glad that we've got common passion. Will impart to you what I learn from my personal music project. Love ya! :):)

6. My powerpsych girls, Bestbrosforlife, bestie Lianne and bf Jo, Misc RV bball buddies, encouraging friends like Xiner, David, Wenjie, Wingkee, Val and Kelly, Nic -
I'll sing for you guys. Forever.

Anyway, I have so many problems to tackle on really, like pitching, breathing control, diaphragm support, head voice, etc etc.. Have been receiving very helpful and sincere-to-help criticisms which are exactly the type of feedback I was hoping to receive for improvement! Well, being a budget youtube singer who cannot afford to spend any bucks on music lesson, I can only rely on viewers'  feedback. Really not improving at a remarkable speed, but I can feel the experiences accumulating up for better following covers! ^^

Either way, enjoy the cover~ :D
-I suggest you go stop the autoplay music widget on the sidebar and watch this HD quality one here instead!-




Would appreciate if you like it on youtube or share it on facebook/twitter if you find it worth sharing. No obligation tho! :)


For my next cover, do expect a relatively easy Chinese song by 叮当.
I'll note the criticisms and feedback which I've received and attempt to make the next Chinese cover sound better than good. :) You know i'm really serious at this. ;D


Hearts,
ZiweiSandy


P/s: I'm looking for interested friends to collab with! Can be instrumentalist /videographer /singer /sound and music engineer. Leave a comment under the Nuffnangx convo function or send me an email at ziweisandy@gmail.com!

Post a Comment

© Ziwei.Sandy. Designed by CJS. Powered by Blogger.