8 Oct 2012

[Food review] Food for thought @ Singapore Botanic Gardens

Food review


For those who haven't already heard of this perfect breakfast/brunch hide out, where you can escape from the bustling crowd and emotionless commuters, in this blog entry, I'm pleased to bring the spotlight to a cafe/restaurant that is different, in an admirable way. :) 

It is definitely therapeutic and stress-alleviating to walk through this floral kingdom in search of the destination. Actually, to get there, you do not even need to enter Botanic Gardens. Turn right towards the pathway just outside the huge gate entrance of SBG opposite Gleneagles Hospital. You'll see a porch for car pickups. Head down the stairs and tadah...



Food for Thought:
"Good food for a good cause" 
I am really impressed by the charitable concept of the restaurant sponsoring clean water, good food, healthcare, education to poverty-burdened countries and especially those unfortunate children who are many times more deprived than us. Read more here! Well, I would say that it's a wise and benevolent marketing strategy as customers would not feel that much pain when ordering and spending more on food. They might just perceive taking in of the fats as doing charity. O.o Anyway, food prices there are pretty reasonable! 

The exterior. Pic taken from the stairs.




Tall ceilings and voluminous indoor dining area. 

This little boy was very camwhore. 
He came running dramatically towards me when he saw me snapping pictures away in the restaurant. 
Btw, this pretty's eyes are really huge!

Our favourite dessert bar!

Very simple and sweet inspirational reminders to diners about cherishing moments, the people and environment. :)

Close-to-nature.

Family-oriented. :)

Menu. Very basic and economical, nothing fanciful.

I prefer to let the pictures do the talking. I'm not a well-articulated person sadly. 


All day breakfast is served from 8am to 5pm. They've already customised a few types of breakfast works - basic works, house works and full works, with standard scrambled eggs, butter toast and bacon as a common denomination.


I chose to customize my breakfast wholly and picked only my favourite options:
Smoked bacon, scrambled eggs with cream, chunky chicken sausage and garlic mushrooms.
I paid $15 for this simple combination but i assure you the portion is definitely worth the price.
Do share it with a meal partner/buddy unless you've a really HUGE appetite. Just 3/4 of the entire works can easily take up the full capacity of your stomach (even for guys). What I did was I requested to da bao! Hehe. I'm not that greedy a glutton hor. Bleah.

The bacons were chewy and seasoned while the garlic mushrooms were so-so.
Chicken lovers, don't miss out on the juicy black pepper chicken sausage! Every bite into the sausage is savory and sinful as little bit of grease sips down the side of your lips.
I live up to the Mandarin pronunciation of my surname "tan" -> "dan" and damn I'm a hardcore egg-lover. The scrambled eggs WITH CREAM turned out to be my favouriteeeeeest out of all the 4 sides. They are cooked to the perfect softness and fluffiness and they melt in your mouth almost immediately. The creaminess makes it unique from other scrambled eggs, like Macdonald's. If you find taking scrambled eggs by itself too yolky for your liking, simply add on some toasted bread to go together at just $2 more. 

Leo's review on the Cuban Ham and Pulled Pork ($12) :

The ham and pork are both delicious with homemade bbq sauce and Kaffir lime mayo, but the pork patty is disproportionally oversized, so you might get tired of trying to finish the entire burger. 



This scrumptious looking dish is one of the top recommendations by the chef and other netizens on the food forums. It's the Dark Chocolate and Raspberry pancakes ($12)! When you combine the clashing duo of sour raspberry and bitter dark chocolate, you DO taste the sweetness oozing from the fusion. You might want to request for the pancakes to come after you're done with the main course so that you eat them hot. Warm pancakes are darlings. :3 Anyway, I'd love to try the Banana and Walnut pancakes the next time I visit FFT again! Who wants to go with me, jio please! hehe.




Dessert time yo!


Mini cuppies! Baby colours ftw. 

The Old Southern Red Velvet cake ($6) was a lil disappointing because the coral deco bits with the cream are too sweet for our liking even though we're people who love sweet treats (for little kids maybe). Also, the red velvet cake tasted too dry and there was no shiok chocolatey aftertaste. Next visit, I'll just attack the Hazelnut and Chocolate cake. Does anyone have recommendation on where I can find the best red velvet cake in Sg? Thanks in advance yo~


Even fat me has to tabao the remaining food back for dinner side dish. 

Ootd: Dreamy rose romper from Bugis street. 

Duck faced. Quacks. 



Alrights, thanks for reading, my dearies.
Below are the details on the namecard of FFT. :)
Opening hours: 
Sun-Thu 8am-9pm
Fri - Sat 8am-10pm

Signing off with something contagious - SMILEEEEEES!! :):):)

Hearts,
ZiweiSandy

P/s: Add my blog on www.nuffnangx.com and chat with me on my blog like msn on the go! x)

Post a Comment

© Ziwei.Sandy. Designed by CJS. Powered by Blogger.