11 Aug 2012

[Food review] Eggs Benny at Hatched@HV (+ some updates)

[Food review]

Hey guys!

I'm finally here with another food review and this time, it's Hatched!
Ever since we dined at Choupinette, Leo and I got kinda hooked on to brunch-hunting
to search for new cafes to spend a lil more money and enjoy some cool ambience and toothsome food. ^^

Since we are westies, we headed to the Holland V branch to check this newly-opened outlet out!

The exterior entrance design was super striking and abstract 
cos it seems like the door has been caught in the midst of a massive yellow web. 
Honestly, I was pretty overwhelmed by it when I nearly walked past it, searching for the place, so you definitely won't miss it.

What it looks like from the interior side.

The cashier counter is uber cutesy, decorated with chicken-related items like
the stuff toys, eggs, name card holder, pencil holder and clips (on tips bank). 

The vibe of Hatched @ HV is super cozy with the dim and mellow yellow-themed lightings.
It's an awesome cafe to chill at with your mates after school or after facial. ;D
The area is relatively spacious compared to Choupinette's, so you can definitely hold your 8-pax gatherings there. 

Edited the exposure level of this pic and I think Leo looks awesome in his baby blue shirt. ^^

Camwhoring with the hand-painted shop name in the cafe. 

My date-for-life! ^^  

I was quite amazed by this little salt-&-pepper shaker cos i rarely see magnetic ones. 
Sho cute and tiny! 

Our main courses, Egg Royale and Sir Benedict again!
We promise a greater variety of food in the upcoming brunch recce ok? ;)

Hatched's famous Sir Benedict, served with salad and
Mushroom & Potato Mash (mashed potato topped with mushroom sauce)

As usual, Leo and I swapped one muffin with each other 
and both of us saw eye to eye that the the ham and bacon were a tad too salty. 
But of course, if you go for strong tastes, this might just be the dish for you. :)

This time round, Leonard ordered Eggs Royale 
(English Muffin, garnished with smoked salmon and poached egg). 

The dishes served by Hatched are definitely neat and appetizing.
I thought that the smoked salmon is average and the serving is a little small for its price. 

The hollandaise sauce is tasty and succulent as it looks, and it's a pity that the amount of it poured onto our poached eggs are so pathetically little. 
Yes, the chef probably doesn't want our taste buds to be overwhelmed by the creamy taste,
but unfortunately, that's exactly what i love about most food! 

A commendable add-on to our brunch is the 
Mushroom & Potato Mash! :D
It's a small partially-baked/mashed potato side-dish topped with a sufficient amount of thick wild mushroom sauce, which tastes exactly like some savory mushroom soup. 

I always love to take such photos of half-eaten food.
*Evil laughter Mwahahhhahaha* 

"Golden sunrays peeping outta the snowy fluffeh clouds." - Leo
How apt. 

My overall review for Hatched @ Holland V:
Venue - Too discreet in the area. But I'm sure it'll improve when the renovation around Holland V is completed. Holland V is relatively convenient for all Westies and the MRT makes it easier to access the once-ulu Holland V. 

Design and ambience -  Very homely cafe but lighting might be a lil photo-unfriendly. I had to manually edit the exposure of the photos to make the foodie photos more appealing.

Staff - Young and pretty waitresses, clad in very casual outfit like shorts and tee. It does seem like a very chillax place to work at, especially suitable for young JC girls. But, since we're already pay about 20bucks for a breakfast course there, I personally feel that the staff attire should at least be sliiiiiightly more formal as a form of respect to the customers? 

Food - So-so only. 

Price - Overpriced. Honestly, if i can get more yummy Eggs Benny at Choupinette at $20++ which comes with 2 complementary (yea, i don't mean complimentary) beverages, I would not go to Hatched to pay $18++ just for a so-so Eggs Benny, unless I'm with a large group of headless-chicken friends, hanging out at that area + having some Eggs Benny craving. ;)

Frolicking at Holland V w my cute bf. ^^

Outfit of the day!

Heartie cupcake top & layered Crochet shorts 
from Bkk!

Balenciaga-inspired bag in Lavender
Contact me at ziweisandy@gmail.com if you're interested to purchase brand new ones at a good and negotiable price! 
I promise you, no Holland V price. ;)
The quality is rather durable, lightweight and comfy to hold. ;D
My supplier has it in 3 colours: Red, White and Lavender.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Before I end off, I shall do some updates with pics! ;D

Dinner with my duet partner, Marcus! Shy boy he is. Camera-shy only!

Did you know that Xin Wang opens until 4am at some outlets?
So you can have (more ex) supper there after clubbing or mahjong or late night activities!
Check out its Xin Wang Facebook Page for more info~

Chicken chop spaghetti with mushroom at Xin Wang Cafe!
Not bad at all and the price is quite reasonable cos i really had my fill from paying only $9++. 

Golden Custard Bun at Xin Wang. 
Not as good as Genting's of course. But pass la!

Painted these green nails myself!
First attempt on double shade DIY manicure! Not bad at all right? ;)
GREEN is our blood, tieeedrahrahrahhhearts! :):) (It's a T-house thing)

Soft rebonded my hair at Bugis Essensuals on Monday too.
Trainee Joey and her model, me! ;D 

Here's a sneakie of what my next blog post is gonna be about! Stay tuned~ 
#Amelie <3

Meanwhile,
Head over to 
and shower me with some love by liking my very own facebook page 
where I consolidate my upcoming covers and blog updates! 
I truly appreciate every single "like", 
thank you from the bottom of my heart! ;'D


Hearts,
ZiweiSandy 

Post a Comment

© Ziwei.Sandy. Designed by CJS. Powered by Blogger.