27 Mar 2012

Short "getaway" to Geylang :p

Alright. Let's hope this is a short post cos I'm really sleepy. 
Whenever i blog, i'm always hoping it's a short post cos I'm well aware of my longwindednessssssssss.

As promised in my prev-prev post, this post is on my short trip made to Geylang with Leo and CK. 
Nothing scandalous as the title may sound. Haha. 
Was at a certain music company to interview for an event singer position before heading to Geylang for dinner, supper and exploration.

Singing job audition 
Auditioned 2 songs, Jar of Hearts and Grenade. 
Woman judged and told me my nasal voice is too much an issue, unlike Stefanie Sun who has melodious and soothing nasal vocals. And guess what. 
After wasting 1.5 hours of ours doing stage live singing and studio recording,
she tactfully told me I am FULL of potential but to unleash it, 
she recommended me to PAY $2.2k for a 9-month crash course to qualify myself and my abilities as an event singer. Go and die. Tyvm. I said NO straightaway, politely.
I'm aware of my nasal-sounding vocals, and I'd been really troubled over this issue during the pre-Emerge. 
Yet, I find this freaking cunning technique to enroll students into your music event company in hope of sucking their money too disappointing for me to even consider. Do it more ethically and less obvious please. 
It just shows people how desperate your music company is. 
Those interested to know the name of this music company, approach me to find out.
I won't hesitate to tell you about it. Waste my travelling effort and time and hope. Kns max. 
Another lesson learnt: The music industry is definitely not this cheap.


Geylang food
New waterproof Lomo cameras Leo and I bought from Outlet.sg

I love my hearts design and Leo is cute max! Spongebob! :3

Dinner time! Shared 3 huge dishes among ourselves at a random coffeeshop
after failed attempts to look out for renowned Geylang food places.
Nvm, will head back there again! :D

Singaporeans' all-time-favourite local delights! 



<3 Important favourite people

Shall post some camwhore pics b4 i head on for area-exploration. :D


Oh, got addicted to 豆浆油条 on this very fateful day.
Hugeass 油条 there. Yums. 


This tauhuey food stall is mega spacious and brightly lid. 
I forgot which lane it belongs to, but it's super huge and prominent.
So, you can probably spot it along Lor 20(smth) Geylang. :D
The youtiaos were served crispy and warm while the doujiang tasted really fresh. 

Area exploration

Dunno why but Geylang a whole lot of wang ba. Hehe.
I wonder if they deliberately picked this term to represent internet cafe in Chinese. 
For joke arh??
 

Finally, the red light district. 

Spotted at least 6-7 rows of terraces built for legal prostitution businesses.
Seriously, too many of such terraces. This industry is highly competitive too.
Didn't know Geylang has become so organized. 
We got a lil disappointed while roaming around the red light district 
cos my very knowledgeable bro told me that the ladies are not allowed to tout outdoors. 
Have to guaiguai stay indoors and wait for fishes to get hooked. Well.

We saw at least 5-6 Hotel 81s. 
I think underground business is still thriving. 
If i don't recall wrongly, the number of hotels has increased 
since the last time i went Geylang area for erhu lessons.


Apt name for a hotel located at Geylang. 
*Typing this while the wiggling song rings in the head. LOL*




Random: Fat puss sitting by the drain.
Its fur is too beautifully pastel for us to miss snapping a pic of it. 
It does look distressed here encountering camwhores. Lol.

We did see a considerable number of scantily dressed girls loitering/sitting or standing in suggestive postures at relatively secluded lanes deeper in from the main road. Some even gave CK gentle seductive stares. Professional? Maybe. Hmm. Why didn't the government ban prostitution ar? Hmm hmm hmm. Lazy to research now. Ok sleep!

Next post on "Express" dinner with my gals and my SUPER eventful 47th monthniversary.
1 more month to 48th, 4th anniversary! <3 It's a pity that it falls on the final exam period.

Nights love!

Hearts,
Ziwei

2 comments

  1. wa your knowledgeable bro v cute sia ^.^

    ReplyDelete

© Ziwei.Sandy. Designed by CJS. Powered by Blogger.