26 Feb 2012

*Scape fleamarket sales

Firstly, I wanna thank Baohui and Rach from T5 for helping out + sharing rental cost for my 2nd fleamarket sales organized by Flock to shop.

Bad location with not-good-enough crowd today even though the area our booth was situated at was air-conditioned.

Sold a few items and wasted the entire day setting up/helping out for R & B's the shift/doing sales and getting distracted by the pretty gals and clothes from the next booth.

Nonetheless, had a super exhausting but fruitful time being a salesgirl once again. This time, instead of selling clothes for my ex-boss at Holland V, I was helping myself, my partners and other "stakeholders" promote our items. It's an entirely different kinda experience cos I'm earning for MY own booth, working towards an overall target I personally set for the shop. In addition, I was the main organizer for this flea, so i kinda learnt more about time management, partners negotiation/communication, logistics, admin, splitting of work, contacting of "sponsors"/other girlfriends who wish to deposit their items at the booth at a reasonably cheap rate, recording of sales.

I didn't accomplish everything by myself though. I want to thank bee for helping me with all the manly manpower he provided me with to and back from *Scape. Thanks Baohui for being so punctual and the "price tags". Thank you Rach for the table cloth and rushing back down from Changi to help pack up the booth. Thank you Kelly, Lianne, Yawen and Nadya for being shareholders for the booth even though the crowd traffic was quite disappointing,

ONE REGRET. I WAS SO SUPER BZ THAT I DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME/CHANCE/MENTAL CAPACITY/PHYSICAL STRENGTH TO TAKE PHOTOS. WTFWTF. T.T

Nevertheless, congrats to The-Hodgepodge on their decently good sale at the Sky terrace today!

I'd like to give a short review on my organizer, Flock to Shop.

I think alot alot more could be done on publicity. Most of my customers didn't know there was another bazaar on the 2nd and 4th level, which explains for the lack of good crowd. About 3-4 tables at the air-conditioned area (Level 2, outside Sakae Sushi/Kbox) were not occupied - another proof that even publicity to vendors wasn't adequate. When Leo, Baohui and I went upstairs to look for the organizer to register for our booth, she was nowhere to be found. In the end, she did not even take attendance for my booth. The entire 4th floor was disorganized and messy as vendors were free to shift their tables and chairs to whichever part of the Sky terrace that they liked. Worst thing is that the crowd that we have was 1/10 that of the open-air bazaar organized by ScapeBazaar. Despite the risk of a downpour, I think it's still more worth it to set up a booth in the open area outside Scape.

Anw, after the flea, Mr Mah, Leo's dad brought us to TGIF @ Heeren and treated us to dinner. As usual i didn't have much.

Mushroom soup shared between Leo and I.
Rich and creamy, but 8.90++ :/



Stuff mushrooms.
Yummy but small serving. 7.90++



This is the main dish. One pint all to myself. 13.90++



Had an enjoyable time chatting w Mr Mah about sho many things - his crazy biking days, getting drunk at the bus stops outside Butter factory and waking up to the Monday clusters of office ladies/men staring at the 17-yo delinquents - like father like son. Tsk. 2 hours of chitchat session (at the expense of my already insufficient midterms revision time) to find out that his dad is really knowledgeable, hilarious and young-at-heart. :) Bee also claimed that his dad is one true opponent at pool that he enjoys playing against. ;) Like father like son, part 2.


Alright time to sleep and get enough rest for the tuition marathon + adole psych mugging marathon tmr.

Nights. :)

Hearts.

P/s: I won a pair of movie tickets to GALA PREMIERE of John Carter this coming Monday, the day before my 25% midterms!! :x AND my date is none other than the spicy hot SIA stewardess-to-be...

Kelly. <3 See ya dear!

P/p/s: Happy 46th Monthniversary Bee!! <3

P/p/p/s: Lianne, I miss you (and travelling with you)!!

Post a Comment

© Ziwei.Sandy. Designed by CJS. Powered by Blogger.