8 Dec 2019

Yilifan



Good afternoon all.

I'm happy to finally revive all my 3 blogs.
Today, I want to write a mini note to my daughter here.

My dearest precious yilifan,

Mummy just woke up from a bad dream about you last night. In fact, it wasn't the first time. Thankfully, every time I wake up, your papa is always by my side, telling me all of these nightmares are not real. I guess all along my confidence level in everything I do is decent, but when it comes to this new arena of pregnancy and parenting, i'm absolutely clueless and fearful. That explains all my insecurities and dreams.

But, my dear baby, don't worry. Mummy is strong. In fact, all mummies are strong for their children. It's evident from all my clients, my friends, my colleagues, strangers whom I've seen on air planes managing their kids, and of course not forgetting your grandmothers. I really salute their grit and insane capacity to teach us and take care of us till we are all grown up, get married and now bearing new lives.

I have thought through about some of the important values that we hope to teach you to grow up with.

Love - I love you

Filial Piety - Through actions!

Gratitude - Thank you

Integrity - Being ethical and honest

Responsibility - Commitment

Courage - Stand up for your cause

Growth mindset - Embracing improvement for all your life

Community - Recognize how teamwork is important

Tenacity - Resilience, never give up easily, troubleshoot problems and move on

Courtesy - Respecting others. Mummy and papa will show it to you first

Kindness - Helpful towards others, bring more smiles to the people around you wherever you are

Optimism - March towards the bright side of situations

Self respect - Saying No to and taking No from others

Forgiveness - Let it go with follow up action to solve the problem

I understand that it's not going to be easy. Not just because of the fact that mummy and papa don't have experience, it's also because we will need to show you tough love sometimes. Just remember, if one day you ever feel that mummy doesn't love you anymore, it's not real. Love comes in all forms, more often pleasant but sometimes not. Everything we do for you, to you is because we love you.

Mummy is enjoying myself everyday watching you move, suck your thumb, curl up comfortably in my womb through the ultrasound videos papa religiously take at our gynae consultations. Mummy is also enjoying all the flutter kicks, knowing that you are growing inside me healthily everyday. Please continue to grow stronger and give me more kicks! Also, i've never been so satisfied seeing my belly grow bigger and bigger everyday.

I'm just so touched everything has gone through very smoothly in the past 5 months.
Papa and I are very excited to see you in another 5 months' time!

Mummy will continue to give you your daily sayangs everyday and papa will continue to give you your nightly kisses that you enjoy every night.

We love you, baobei.

Post a Comment

© Ziwei.Sandy. Designed by CJS. Powered by Blogger.