5 Feb 2014

[Sponsored] Han Dynasty - Foot and body massage + ear candling

[Sponsored]

A big thankyou shoutout to StreetDirectory and Han Dynasty for inviting me to try out a different kind of massage I have never experienced before. I wouldn't say no to relaxation massages, that's for sure!

Welcome to Han Dynasty!
It's conveniently located along Balestier Road at ROCCA Balestier. 

Oriental, luxurious, exquisite are the words to describe the ambience that Han Dynasty sets in. 

Overjoyed and eager to chiong in!

The hospitable staff gave us a warm welcome and ushered us into a setting which looks like what is meant for the emperor of the olden times. This is the lounge for customers to enjoy their warm chinese ginger tea and a corner for foot reflexology. 
 

皇上驾到!!!


Already looking half asleep before the foot massage starts. It's that comfortable. :)

Unlike doing pedicure spa, instead of a tub of warm water, we were given a tub of strong-scented herbal tea to soak our feet. I always drink herbal tea to maintain my voice for work and singing, but I have never pampered my feet this way before. Cool! The warm sensation on my feet spread quickly to the heart. Apparently, there are many acupuncture points on the soles of our feet that reflect about our own health. 

The boy started off enjoying his game and the foot massage and...

... ended off snoring away. <3

Never have i expected foot massage to be relatively so painless!
Their masseuse are from China and they will adjust their strength accordingly to suit your tolerance. As they massage, they will also advise on which aspect of our health we have to take note of. Bee was said to be someone who needs more sleep than usual people and there he goes with another excuse to have more late mornings. Damn. Haha. Somehow, my masseuse could tell that my water intake is low. Liker pro!! 

Subsequently, we were guided into another dimly lit room to proceed on with the long-awaited full body massage. The couple room was clean and pleasantly scented and an in-built bathroom was installed at a corner for the convenience of the customers to rinse of the massage oil thereafter. I liked the idea of how private and spacious the room was where I could be assured the safety of my belongings and just slip into my slumber. 

When is it your turn to indulge in this awesome ambience? :)
A kind notice was put up beside the bathroom cubicle to remind customers that sexual activities are strictly prohibited in their premises. Confirm not lupsup! (Y)

Had my fair share of indulgence already. ;)

I don't have pictures of the masseuse giving us the massage because half the time I was in too much pain to move. I have tried Balinese massage and Thai massage before but none had this level of intensity. You can look at it in 2 perspectives - one is that the masseuses were really hard at work to relax every bit of your tensed up muscles and knead away the aches and strains on your body, two is that I was too garang that I didn't request for a lower strength level. 

Nonetheless, all in all, every edge of my body where the muscles wouldn't relax became much softer after the whole process, especially my strained shoulders which always get tortured with heavy bags. 

Besides the foot and body massage, the boutique spa also provides ear candling services!
I have always been very curious about how this procedure works. Apparently, it is quite a soothing experience to have your ear waxes and debris removed in such a painless and comforting way. As the candle burned at the other far end opposite to my ear canal, the masseuse massaged the upper neck portion just behind my ear. This is the most sleep-inducing massage out of all 3 services. :)
Nonetheless, you also might want to take precaution when you visit massage parlors for ear candling as I have researched over the internet to derive that ear candling might pose some injury risks such as burns. Yet, I believe that with a certified therapist, your skin and hair will be in good hands throughout the ear candling process. :)

I emerged from the massage room again with a quiet and refreshed mind, healed body and uplifted spirit. 
Honestly, if you are feeling very stressed up with work, head over to Han Dynasty for a foot and body massage to unwind. You will be back up energized again for another round of battle with the career/studies obstacles!

So, curious about the prices?


Body Oriental Massage -
$60 for 60min
$90 for 90min

Foot Reflexology -
$60 for 60min

Massage Add-Ons -
$10 for Aroma Oil 
$10 for Body Scrub

$40 for Ear Candling for 30min

Check out their promotional treats to you from now till end of March on their website!


Address: 
221 Balestier Road
#04-01 ROCCA Balestier
Singapore 329928



Relax the way your body deserves at Han Dynasty,

Post a Comment

© Ziwei.Sandy. Designed by CJS. Powered by Blogger.