17 Jan 2013

[Ziwei's cover] I knew you were trouble - Taylor Swift

[Ziwei's cover]



I have to write about this because firstly, i dedicate my song covers to friends every time i successfully upload one and secondly, this is my first song cover of the year and lastly, TODAY IS MY BDAY!! :D

The reason why I picked this song is cos previously i tried Taylor Swift's Safe and Sound and noticed that the notes in her songs are quite compatible with my range and style. I had been doing slow draggy emo songs for forever and I am sure year 2013 is a good time for a refreshing change. Not only am i going to try new song genres, I'm going to publish songs in "collections". With that, i've been planning for the past 2 weeks about how to conceptualize my covers in the midst of "soul-searching" in search of my own style. 

This "season" for the next 2-3 songs, I'm working on more upbeat songs, be it sad or happy ones. I knew you were trouble is a very deep song. I'd say so cos it took me a relatively longer time to figure the song out. Its melody and tempo are somewhat bubbly and jumpy, which resembles those of a cheerful song, yet its lyrics are portraying a girl realizing that she had been toyed by a guy whom she thought would make her life better and she ended up feeling like a fool and blamed the guy for adding ruins in her life. That's Taylor Swift for you. We all know that her albums are packed 100% love songs. Nothing wrong with that actually, and maybe to attract attention, she's been writing songs that induce people with ambiguous feelings. Frankly, if I became famous singing self-composed love songs, I'd find it hard to deviate away from it.

In this current music video, i included 2 colour themes, blue and red to signify different types of emotions - blue for devastation and red for joy. Furthermore, I kinda injected a slight sense of humour in the video for fun. BECAUSE IT'S MY BDAY AND I DO WHATEVER I WANT. MWAHAHAHA.




Special thanks to DJ Ervin Indigo, one of my Bestbrosforlife for imparting some audio engineering expertise to me even though I've yet to transform into an expert like you. My sound quality did improved right? ;)

Special thanks also to the love of my life, Leonard Ma, for forking time out to do the filming of this MV. I really appreciate your support you gave me even though your interest doesn't lie in music. <3

The most important dedication is to my family- Daddy, mummy, Jun and Li.
I have been freaking bz for these few weeks working on new songs and meeting fellow musician/producers to discuss about future collaborations. I'm sorry that I couldn't be home much to spend time with you all. But, i'm really looking forward to end of Jan and CNY to have no other reasons to leave the house to spend quality time with yall. Oh yea, springcleaning first. <3

I'd very much love to dedicate this song to the GentingGirlies - Amanda, Jessica, Juli, Diana and Jayme~
You girls are such a hyperactive bunch. I'm always always looking forward to upcoming meetups even though I'm not extremely active in group chat. Every outing is like reliving the good old reelity showdown memories! Don't disband please! hahahaha.

Thank you all my friends - T1 juniors, same batch uni mates, powerpsych girl, val wee, misc bball brudders, gentingAP and bbfl for all the love and bday wishes. Not forgetting, those on fb who remembers my bday or bothers to write on my wall. Thousand thanks to have all of you in my life in one way or another. I'll put in my bestest to improve as a singer and keep my passion burning to not disappoint you all! Thanks for being my pillars throughout.

Music updates: I've got 2-3 song collaborations on hand and the people I'm working with are very experienced in their field even though they haven't reached the professional stage. They will soon though!
Look out for a Valentines' day MV in Feb kk! <3


I'd request a small small bday pressie from every reader pretty please? 
Share the MV on twitter and fb for me! 
I would love to spread my hard work to a bigger audience. Thx~

Post a Comment

© Ziwei.Sandy. Designed by CJS. Powered by Blogger.