16 Dec 2012

[Food review] Saveur @ Purvis Street

[Food review]


Hello! I'm back with another food review.
Recently, my life is tooo awesome. And tiring. 


Enjoyed the most memorable staycation at MBS with the Reelity Showdown girls, met some of my Powerpsych girls up for multicoloured xlb to celebrate Siyi aunty's birthday, watched an illusionist show at RWS (Festive hotel) for the first time, attended a smoothie store launch at CentrePoint and was shortlisted to go for a Swarovski workshop with Xiaxue. :) Recently, I've just been too lazy and busy to update because of the hectic rushing and traveling from places to places. Of course, I had been exercising between 2-4 times a week and just kickstarted my first 2013 tuition all over again. In the midst of figuring out how to get a life. ;)

Anyway, let me start proper. :)
It was during the reading week period in Nov when I got recommendation from Sikai, my freshie about this casual and economical restaurant that sells French cuisine and FOIE GRAS!!!! Actually, it's quite heartwarming to know that the owners of Saveur are young Singapore entrepreneurs and their concept is to provide top quality French cuisine at an affordable price to cater to the preference of Singaporeans. You know, Sg'eans are more often than not quite cheapo, but would still go for good food. So, I'm fully supportive of such food and beverage businesses! :D I bet it's every Singaporeans' wish that our favourite dishes could be pocket-friendly and so yummilicious at the same time. 

Before I forget, expect to see a long queue outside the restaurant if you're heading over during peak meal hours. What the receptionist do is he/she will issue a queue number and ring you up as soon as a table is ready. :) Something like billiard/pool room and karaoke places. Leonard and I waited for about 20min. Quite draggy, but the wait was worth it. :)


My date: Dora the explorer :3 
(Note the hair) 

OMG!!! I'M SO EXCITED TO WRITE ABOUT WHAT'S BELOW! <3 FOOOOOODDDDDD!!!

First up, the appetizers: FOIE GRAS 

Pan-seared duck liver served with apple-infused port wine and vanilla bean ($9.90 w/o GST)
I love this over the one below because it's oilier and way more sinful. Slightly crispy on the top outer coat + an extremely heavenly full flavour bursting from within. 

Pan-seared duck liver served with creamy lentils and pickled pearl onion ($7.90 w/o GST)
The taste is milder and the pearl onions makes it slightly more refreshing than the above. But i think all foie gras rock! I would love to share both of them with me, myself and I. 2 dishes as appetizers i also don't mind. 

MAIN COURSE

Angel hair pasta with tiger prawns and lumpfish caviar ($6.90 w/o GST)
I am really unsure how they do it. Every strand of angel hair is firmly entwined with one another, all evenly soaked with the savory seasoning. Juicy tiger prawns and OMG the caviar goes so well with the pasta! It's a pretty puny portion, about the right serving for a lady's main course probably. Leo and i shared it, as well as the next main course. 

Duck confit with orange segment and saute shitake ($9.90 w/o GST)
Crispy-cracker duck skin wrapped round a fatty juicy layer with a whole tender duck leg meat underneath. The duck confit sits gently on top of the buttery mashed potatoes with some delightful sweet-sourish orange slices and tasty shitake mushrooms decorating the circumference of the quacky dish. Best of all, it's only freaking $9.90!!!

DESSERT 

Chocolate & Hazelnut ($7.90 w/o GST)
So, what is the first thought that came to your mind when you see the pics of the dessert above? 
Leo confessed, "S**t". I've never encountered a dessert that could make me stop and stare in wonder for a relatively long period of time. This special one isn't presented at the core of the serving dish, but at the side of the plate. Rich chocolate mousse sprinkled and covered with rice puff crisps and sweet cranberry bits. Erected right in the centre is an innocent-looking piece of chocolate. It kinda surprised me when i bit into it because the milk chocolate has got crushed hazelnut bits mixed within it!! 

Ok, here's a new system I'm introducing into food reviews. :p
Overall, my rating for it: 
Food 8.5/10
Ambience 6.5/10
Service 7/10 
Total 73.33%


5 Purvis Street
Talib Court #01-04
Singapore 188584
6333 3121


Ending off with Dora and i! :D

Feel free to leave a comment below and like my fb page on the sidebar! :)

Hearts,

Other channels to stalk me:
Twitter: @ZiweiSandy
Instagram: ZiweiSandy
Youtube: Ziweisandy 


Post a Comment

© Ziwei.Sandy. Designed by CJS. Powered by Blogger.