5 Jan 2012

The BEST of 2011

Late entry on some reflection of 2011.

B4 i get started on 2012, shall do abit of some recap on my 2011 new year resolution. Click here for the original entry.  :)

Was looking through at my old blog, and it's so gay. Omg. :/

Yup anyway, in short, for my 2011 new year resolutions, i focused on mainly 5 areas, namely: Studies Family Financial Love & Personal. I realised something is missing. Where did the Friends category go to? I realised i didn't even put in effort to be there for friends or even go for or organize outings when i know i have that capacity to do planning and arranging for outings. I did turn up for some outings in 2011 but would always prioritize dates with Leo over rare friends' gatherings. What kinda weird logic is that? Hmmm. Time for some reflection.
Firstly, for my studies, I'm glad that the boyfriend entered the same faculty and course as me, and I'm really thankful that he accompanied me throughout my 1st semester of AY2011/2012. Even though we were studying different modules, except for Nation Building (Singapore studies module) and Social Work (my last exposure module) , his lasting presence in almost all my mugging sessions served as a motivating support which kept me going for the 4 months of intensive mugging last semester.

I'm also immensely grateful for my Psychology mates, especially Meijun and Qianhua. We had been constantly reminding one another for professors' announcements and IVLE forum updates, as well as making phone and whatsapp discussions and meet-up group study sessions. It's with all these for my studies that I managed to pull up my CAP by 0.4 comparatively to the previous semesters where my CAP stayed put throughout my first 2 years of uni semesters. Unfortunately, it's now too late for me to pull up to an honours CAP.

I wanted to post some photos of these pretty Psych girlfriends and some studying pic of the boyfriend and I. Just remembered I was dressed too cui to want to take photos in school. Lol. Next year! Promise guys reading this that I'll post more pics of my chio friends for your eyegasm. Heehee.

Besides, I've decided to extend one more semester for the sake of Emerge and my CAP. Thanks to K's advice, I hope that this decision would allow me more time to focus on the more important modules. Hence, I'm only taking 4 modules next semester, of which are 3 psych mods (Socio-cog of emotions, Trauma psych and Cognitive psych) and an S/U-able module (Animal behavior). Do comment if you're taking any of these! :D
On the other hand, I can safely say that I've consciously put in a relatively substantial amount of effort to spend more time with my family, be it giving my family members random treats to MacDonald's breakfast, specially freeing myself on special festive occasions or putting aside extra time to tutor Jun. It feels very satisfactory, meaningful and fulfilling actually. :D So i believe in 2012, i'll continue to work harder to be a better sister, daughter and grand-daughter. :)

Financial wise. Some of my friends probably don't know that my family background is rather humble, of which the "great depression" was attributable to the 4 medical psychological cases in my direct family. I guess no more elaboration is required on the reason for my major in FASS. Hence, I do not take any allowance from my parents at all, which means that I pay for my daily meals, transportation and monthly bills by my own means of income from being a part-time tutor.

In 2011, I had been struggling financially due to the delay in bursary disbursement from the school. I survived nonetheless. This only teaches me a lesson to not be tempted by my girlfriends and bros to go overseas with them when I'm almost penniless. A monthly income of $700+ is just nice for me to settle my basic expenditure only. Recently, I've opened a savings account under OCBC and constantly depositing my tuition salary in. Hopefully, this habit doesn't die off ever. :)
My love life this year had been quite rocky after the 3rd anniversary together. Shall self-censor the content, so ask me personally if you're interested to find out. (Will only be open to people I'm close to, duh)

It's evident from the previous post, that we are back to the honeymoon times as we just celebrated our 44th at Sentosa. We realised that it's just impossible to live without each other anymore. There probably is an element of habit. It feels immensely uncomfortable to not call each other every night. Yet, it's definitely not only the habit that has glued us so tightly tgt. How would you explain the blessed feeling of falling in love again and again with the same guy every now and then? Rather than spending money extravagantly on dates and dinners, we have adopted the back-to-basics way of loving. It's effectively by far. Who says it's easy to maintain a relationship that has lasted for many years alrd?  Wait till you experienced it. Vague here because you can always refer to my old blog for mushy posts. Lol. :D
I hardly achieved any personal new year resolutions.

I hardly blogged due to the intensive mugging sessions. And yup i had put in exponential times the amount of time and effort (comparative to year 2010) for my family and friends. :D I gave up on swimming cos of the lousy bod now. :( Didn't contribute to my savings much too. Generally, i took better care of my health from exercising and watching my diet throughout the year and even managed to lose up to 5kg once in 1month....until last semester's final year revision. Gained back every kilo of fats from the daily starbucks dosage/addiction and high-carbo meals + complete lack of exercise. #22 and #23 is entirely impossible. LOL.

Refer to my new tab "2012" for my new year resolutions or click here. ;)

Hearts.

4 comments

© Ziwei.Sandy. Designed by CJS. Powered by Blogger.